PDA

View Full Version : Shading of windows and doors

matt.74928
2004-09-17, 11:41 AM
Could somebody please tell me how to shade in the windows and doors in elevation in grey. I would preferably like to leave the drawing as hidden line, but then when adding a filled region it only appears in either solid black or white.

Could also anybody advise me on wall junctions, especially party wall junctions where the cavity does not form a "T". I know this can be achieved by linework etc, but after viewing other peoples drawings on the forum they appear to have achieved this differently

beegee
2004-09-18, 12:34 AM
Hi Matt,

Shading the glazing for windows and doors is straight forward. Set the "glass" material under Settings Materials to display a surface pattern of a solid colour selecting the RGB mix you want. ( Thats assumes your window/ door families are using the same "glass" material )

Wall junctions can be a bit trickier. Both wall need to use a mitred join of course, and they must both be constructed exactly the same way. Structure will join with structure and finish 1 with its counterpart etc.

If you have trouble with that, just extract the wall concerned to a blank project and post it here and someone will look at it for you.

PS Moving Thread to General.