PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade issues....

victoria
2008-07-08, 05:28 PM
I finally took time to upgrade Revit AutoCAD suite 2009... Why do I have 2 Revit's and 2 AutoCAD's now? Why didn't it just upgrade the old version? Will I have to go through and copy all of my families and materials over to 2009? Same thing is happening with AutoCAD... will I have to copy all of my custom hatches over?

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-08, 05:54 PM
I think they do that to let you keep your old Revit just in case you still have a project that started on the old version and you want to keep it there (you know, Revit is not backward compatible).

As per the families, there's an utility that you can find on the Revit DVD that will batch upgrade all your families at once.

Andre Carvalho

Rick Houle
2008-07-09, 12:28 PM
Andre, what is your opinion on the batch upgrade utility?
Did it work for you with no problems or quirks?

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-09, 01:50 PM
Andre, what is your opinion on the batch upgrade utility?
Did it work for you with no problems or quirks?

Well Rick, so far I've never had a problem upgrading my families using it. I've read threads were people had problems with it but most of them were related to not reading the Readme.txt file before. It explains how to do it properly.

Andre Carvalho

Jason Grant
2008-07-09, 02:13 PM
If you read the Readme.txt on the batch utility it is a no brainer. Although, you need to remember that it only works with families .rfa files. If you have some .rvt files in your folders it will not touch them. You have to upgrade those manually.

I've used the batch upgrade in two different companies with no issues.

Rick Houle
2008-07-14, 12:28 PM
That's good to hear, thanks for the replies.