PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Node Arrow Leaders

kkw
2008-07-08, 06:53 PM
Is this possible in Revit? Do I have to build a custom arrow family? Is that even possible?

nnguyen
2008-07-08, 08:19 PM
Is this possible in Revit? Do I have to build a custom arrow family? Is that even possible?

Not sure what you mean by multi-node Arrow Leaders. Would you upload an image of what you mean? Also, this multi-node arrow leaders, are they for tags or text?

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-08, 09:46 PM
You can have multiple leaders from a single text object if that is what you are after.
Place a text note. Once placed you can select it and the option bar will change to allow placing of additional leaders, either left or right. If you select the remove leader option it will remove the leaders in the reverse order they were placed.

kkw
2008-07-08, 10:04 PM
Nodes. I only see one node in Revit. I need several (multi-node). See pic below.

I do not need multiple arrows coming from one text box/annotation; just the ability to do this as shown below.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-08, 10:54 PM
Ahhhh. I see now.
Straight, arc or one elbow is all you get out of the box.
You could probably create a generic annotation of some sort that might satisfy your needs.

iru69
2008-07-09, 05:11 AM
This was a long-standing wish of mine as well. Sometimes it's really obnoxious, but for the most part, this really falls into the category of 'graphic conventions' - and generally there's no use fighting Revit on that front.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=30961

kkw
2008-07-09, 12:19 PM
The link to the spline leader thread was great, thanks very much.

Now, how do I create spline leaders? Not aware that it is an out-of-the-box option.

iru69
2008-07-09, 09:28 PM
You can't. Sorry if I confused you, but spline leaders was a "wish". The examples shown were from autocad.

Now, how do I create spline leaders? Not aware that it is an out-of-the-box option.