PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Revit Help and Adive

Richard Lopez
2008-07-08, 09:00 PM
I have A new project starting up it is a high profile project in Colorado. I am pushing to do pre desing in Revit. I want to push the the tool as far as I can take it.. I am already getting resistance of staff saying " You Can't Do Pre-Design In Revit" When i here that I just want to prove them wrong. This is not my first Rodeo and feel i have it under control. What am ask is for some additonal advice and some good articles to read on the subject.

Thank you
Richard

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-08, 09:50 PM
If you have access to AU materials you might want to download some of the session files and handouts related to the subject.
I think Revit is perfectly suited to PD simply because you can deal with form as well as getting some 'real' and live numbers from the model. At the PD stage it's all about making sure the numbers work for the client.
Good luck

Richard Lopez
2008-07-08, 10:18 PM
I do have all of the AU. Material I will pull it out again do some Reading Thank you for your input

david.kingham
2008-07-08, 10:20 PM
Do you really want my opinion Richard? :lol:
What is the building type/size? What are they using now for PD?
We are using Revit for floor plan layouts early on but not for exterior, SketchUp all the way for this. Revit is way too slow and cumbersome for this level of design, things change way too fast in PD (but maybe your firm is different, you know how often we redesign)

Richard Lopez
2008-07-08, 11:05 PM
David, how are you doing. well you know me, I like to bit off more then I can chew. I would like to think the program is better now then when we were trying this. The Building skin is curtainwall and Stone. New construction it is about 200,000 sq ft per plate, two floors and 139,000 sq ft. existing. I would like to do my programing in revit with the Revit Room Schedule to keet track all of the areas, Then export the schedule to excel sim. to the the example we once had. Then I would like to generate some 3D massing images sim. to the attached file.

tc3dcad60731
2008-07-08, 11:53 PM
I have A new project starting up it is a high profile project in Colorado. I am pushing to do pre desing in Revit. I want to push the the tool as far as I can take it.. I am already getting resistance of staff saying " You Can't Do Pre-Design In Revit" When i here that I just want to prove them wrong. This is not my first Rodeo and feel i have it under control. What am ask is for some additonal advice and some good articles to read on the subject.

Thank you
Richard

WOW! Revit is GREAT for Pre-Design. As a matter of fact I would not use anything other than Revit for that. Well I would not use much other than Revit PERIOD! Anyway, create the base model in the pre-design stage and any mods will be much easier and then final model presentation and then CDs will all come faster through the pipeline!