PDA

View Full Version : transparent screen panel - HELP

eric.133572
2008-07-09, 03:20 PM
I created a screen panel family. The screen itself was created with a thin glass extrusion with a crosshatch model pattern over the top. The panels look good in plan and 3d but when I switch to elevation views, the panels are no longer transparent. I would like to be able to see through the screen to the elements behind the panels. I could over-ride the visibility and make it transparent but I dont want to see through the screen panel "frame". Any help?

ejburrell67787
2008-07-09, 03:29 PM
In the panel family select the visibility of the glass and set it so it doesn't show in elevation (front/back) - You can draft in the hatching in the front view though so that will show.

Hope that helps.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-09, 04:10 PM
There is no way to get transparency in a 'real' Revit elevation even if you do change the material for the windows. As Elrond suggested, your only option is to turn the glass off entirely.
Revit will only display with transparency if you are looking at a 3D view. Create a new 3D view and then from the menus choose View > Orient > To Other View and you can select the correct elevation view.