PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Rooms, Strange Boundaries

pnelson
2008-07-09, 07:45 PM
i have been trying to create rooms using the room command on the rooms and area toolbar. i am having 2 issues.

1. it appears i have created a room that i have labeled training, however, it does not shade like the other rooms.

2. i also have other rooms that are showers with small wing/partition walls between showerheads. The walls are not full height. the shape of these rooms does not correctly follow the rooms exterior wall. it wants to create a separate room between these walls.

is there a way to fix either or both of these problems? any ideas whats causing this?

Thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-09, 08:29 PM
2. i also have other rooms that are showers with small wing/partition walls between showerheads. The walls are not full height. the shape of these rooms does not correctly follow the rooms exterior wall. it wants to create a separate room between these walls.

Select the walls you don't want the room to bounds > go to properties > uncheck Room bounding.

Andre Carvalho

pnelson
2008-07-09, 08:58 PM
That solved the second problem. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I have been staring at it too long I guess. Now if i can just get the other room problem solved. Thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-09, 09:19 PM
That solved the second problem. Not sure why I didn't think of that. I have been staring at it too long I guess. Now if i can just get the other room problem solved. Thanks.

To fix the first problem, try the following:

Right click at the Training room > Override Graphics in View > By element > Verify if transparent is checked. It shouldn't be. Or look if there's any other thing being overridden to that specific room.

Let me know if it works or not.

Andre Carvalho

pnelson
2008-07-09, 09:24 PM
no luck. nothing is being overridden for that room. i have deleted it and tried using the room tool again. same problem.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-09, 09:38 PM
That's weird... Try creating a room schedule and list the rooms to see if there's any room duplicated, with no name or not placed into the project. As you probably know, when you delete a room, it will still show on the room schedule. Maybe this may be causing some confusion to Revit. The schedule is the best way to see what's happening to all of your rooms.

Andre Carvalho

pnelson
2008-07-09, 09:47 PM
i only have one room on the ground floor labeled training. all of the other room names match whats there. no extra rooms are showing up on the ground floor. all 14 are accounted for.

tamas
2008-07-10, 01:09 AM
Check if there are any room separation lines near your training room. I see a small vertical segment in your image. Delete the unwanted room sep lines.

Tamas

mruehr
2008-07-10, 01:33 AM
try to divide the room with a room separation line if this works put 2 rooms in the 1
i had the same problem upgrading from a 2008 project 2 rooms did not show the color like in yours
i think this may be a bug

pnelson
2008-07-10, 08:05 PM
no luck. i have deleted all of the walls, and redrawn them. still the same problem. i can subdivide the room and get part of it to shade, but the other portion still will not, even if i make it a separate room. i see the small line as shown in the image. i have checked and there is nothing there. even after deleting everything, it still comes back. any more ideas? thanks for everything so far.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-10, 08:11 PM
Looks like it is time to fill a support request and send over the file to Autodesk to further tests there. Probably they will find a bug in there.

Andre Carvalho

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-10, 08:15 PM
Meanwhile, as a workaround, if you can create a room separation line and have half of the room to be filled, you can try to bring that line as close as possible from one of the walls (something like 1/256" from the wall) to have your area filled and 99.99% accurate...

Does that works for you?

Andre Carvalho

tamas
2008-07-10, 08:19 PM
no luck. i have deleted all of the walls, and redrawn them. still the same problem. i can subdivide the room and get part of it to shade, but the other portion still will not, even if i make it a separate room. i see the small line as shown in the image. i have checked and there is nothing there. even after deleting everything, it still comes back. any more ideas? thanks for everything so far.

If you send the file to Revit support (or post it here), I will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

Tamas

rodneyf
2008-07-11, 02:12 AM
Do you have a room above your training room? If you do check the height of the training room and make sure it is not overlapping the room above. If not at least it is one more thing to try before going absolutely batty. Hope this helps.

Cheers,