PDA

View Full Version : ceiling grid won't show in RCP

cheryla
2008-07-09, 09:29 PM
I have a few different dropped ceiling in a RCP. No matter what the height is, they will not show up. I have checked the view settings, tried changing heights of the ceilings, and looked to see if for some reason they were turned off. Is there anything blatantly obvious that I am missing here?

david.metcalf
2008-07-09, 10:11 PM
These might be outside the view range setting. So if you need some ceiling pieces to show but because of the setting with the view range, they will not show up. Tweak it and see what results you get.
If possible adjust your view range or where needed use Plan Region, these have thier own View Range settings. They will not plot the boundaries and the boundaries can be turned off.

I would love to get view range settings to be shown in sections when needed and grab to drag the settings where they need to be to display correctly in plan.

cheryla
2008-07-09, 10:19 PM
These might be outside the view range setting. So if you need some ceiling pieces to show but because of the setting with the view range, they will not show up. Tweak it and see what results you get.
If possible adjust your view range or where needed use Plan Region, these have thier own View Range settings. They will not plot the boundaries and the boundaries can be turned off.

Yep, tried it. Tried everything from 8' to 1'... No luck. It seems like it would be so simple... Revit hates me today

cheryla
2008-07-09, 11:03 PM
Ok... got it to work in an unconventional way.... but I got it. Thanks

david.metcalf
2008-07-10, 04:32 PM
Tell me what you did, I am sure others have some interest in anything you have accomplished in working with Revit.

Thanks,
David

cheryla
2008-07-11, 09:32 PM
Sure. I just used a copy of the roof plan, set the limit to "unlimited" on the view and hid everything I didn't need from the RCP. Like I said, a little unorthodox, but it worked just the same. Right now it isn't for CDs, so when the job gets to that point, I will take more time to figure out a way to do it. But if not, I will just keep with this view as is.