PDA

View Full Version : Imported Hatch for Filled Pattern; Rotating

mmiles
2008-07-10, 04:59 AM
QUESTION:
After making a fill pattern by importing a .pat file, is it possible to turn the angle of the pattern 90 degrees while in Revit? The pattern I am using is a stack stone pattern- model pattern- that I am associating with my walls. I want to place material over my doors and windows that are the same material, but rotated 90 degrees in the case of straight edged windows, and perpendicular along a curve in the case of arched top windows. (similar to having a running bond brick wall with a soldier course added at lintels)

I have been using filled regions to cover the wall material and then rotating the filled regions so that the fill patterm will be aligned correctly. This is effective, but time consuming. I was hoping to have the lintels/ jack arches modeled so they appear in 3d and camera views. Drawing model lines is one method, but that doesn't convey the character of the material as well.

One additional question that is related. Using the same model pattern on an in-place wall family, where I made sweeps for canted, or battered walls, has resulted in some curious displays. In a 3D view, the model pattern is rotated 90 degrees on some faces of the wall sweeps and horizontal - as expected- on other faces of the same sweep (the sweep follows the outline, or footprint of the building). What would cause this? It is undesirable in this instance, but if I knew why, or how it was caused, then maybe it would help me get the pattern rotated when it is desirable.

thanks, any input is appreciated.