PDA

View Full Version : gutters and leaders (downspouts)

mmiles
2008-07-10, 05:41 AM
So I understand gutters, but what are people doing for downspouts and leaders?

I have been making in-place families, using extrusions with the correct profile (circular or rectangular tubes) for straight runs. But what about when a roof soffit/overhang necessitates elbows in the downspouts?

adb
2008-07-10, 11:07 AM
Give this a shot. It was one of my first families awhile back.

captainbunsaver
2008-07-10, 11:53 AM
And, to help figure number of leaders/downspouts, I came up with this schedule. You may need to adjust some constants dependent on the tables in Arch Graphics.

mmiles
2008-07-10, 03:35 PM
thanks you two, I will check out the families. Actually, I have already utilized the downspout family. Nice work with the parameters! I have yet to look at the schedule, but I think it will be quite helpful.

cheers!

ws
2008-07-13, 08:54 PM
The lack of gutters and downspouts in 3D AEC cad packages has been a source of frustration for many years.

An attraction of Revit was that gutters were simple and some downspouts were included (in the UK and French content anyway). However the downspouts were virtually useless and when I had the opportunity to have some Revit modelling done by http://www.broutek.com I asked for an interactive downspout.

They produced a brilliant family with grips allowing the 'swan neck' and lengths and offsets to be pulled about by the user.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to circulate this model but thought I'd mention that there is a solution available.

greg.mcdowell
2008-07-14, 09:32 PM
lol - not allowed to circulate the model - i get it of course though you have to wonder what happens when you send the project file to your engineer, contractor or owner - they're under no obligation to keep the family confidential

alas, it is life