PDA

View Full Version : Switch floor triangulation lines

Chad Smith
2008-07-10, 08:55 AM
Is there a way to switch the triangulation lines on a floor which has had its surface modified, so that it correctly display the design intent? Image attached. Kind of like a Switch tool on the Options Bar.

The only way I can think of is to Linework the lines I don't want, and then put in detail lines, which I dont want to do.

patricks
2008-07-10, 12:32 PM
It's creating those lines based on where it can create flat surfaces between 3 points.

In order to get the lines you're after, that inside corner towards the top right would need to be at some lower elevation than the 2 corners where your red lines end. That point would have to fall into the plane defined by the endpoints of those 2 red lines. The only way to make that happen will be through some careful calculation on your part.

Or you could create a triangular-shaped slab of that size between those red lines off to the side somewhere (without the inside corner), set your corner elevations, and then get a spot elevation reading of what that inside corner point would be on the triangular slab.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-10, 01:14 PM
Is there a way to switch the triangulation lines on a floor which has had its surface modified, so that it correctly display the design intent? Image attached. Kind of like a Switch tool on the Options Bar.

The only way I can think of is to Linework the lines I don't want, and then put in detail lines, which I dont want to do.

Chad,

See the attached Revit file. I have used the floor sub elements tool. Use the "Add valleys and ridges by drawing split lines on the slab shape" tool, and draw the lines where you want. It should work.

Andre Carvalho

Chad Smith
2008-07-10, 10:24 PM
Thanks Andre. Always learning something new everyday.

In the past I had been using the valleys and ridges to show these lines with equal heights at either end (like a ridge on a roof). I didn't know I could throw one in to give un-even heights. Works a treat, and now quite obvious.