PDA

View Full Version : these seem different from norm

ntnik
2008-07-10, 12:34 PM
i have a demo door and new door ... the new door doesn't seem to cut into the infil resulting from filling in wall adjacent to demo door.....even when set to "show complete" and the view properties are correct in terms of plan cut.....refer to perspective and plan.....my 2nd floor seems transparent and surface is set to "solid white" i have had simular issue prior with 1st floor walls showing on second floor plan.....it was because walls went to the second floor.....that is not the case here....they are a few feet lower than the floor.

patricks
2008-07-10, 02:45 PM
Usually if you move a door to the side so that it intersects both the new infill wall and the existing wall to remain, it will then cut both. Then you can move it back. Yes it can be a pain sometimes.

Not sure about the wall visibility issue. By chance are any of your view range settings set to Unlimited?

*edit actually it looks as though you have the 1st floor turned on as an underlay in that view.

ntnik
2008-07-10, 05:04 PM
thank you and yes i am an idiot.....i have developed the checklist in my mind required for encountering "issues"....wait, did i do this, this and this?.....but i just managed to look past the fact that the underlay is infact on