PDA

View Full Version : partition walls in ADT

richelleharp
2004-09-17, 04:23 PM
Remember tracking in r14? I was able to add interior walls very efficiently. I find as I am using ADT 2004 I'd like to add these partitions as easily as in past. Is this possible. Humiliatingly I must admit I am currently either offsetting exterior walls and updating the definition, or utilizing construction lines. There must be a more logical way to accomplish such simple procedures!

mjfarrell
2004-09-17, 04:27 PM
Use OTRACK and your OSNAPS together to
perform similar function in ADT.

Look into Polar Tracking
and Object Tracking they work together.

tbedrich
2004-09-17, 06:43 PM
You can also add the wal type on your tool pallette

dhallett
2004-10-04, 02:25 PM
There is now a "From" object snap that lets you pick a reference point, then enter a distance and direction for the start point of the new object. Unfortunately, you have to type in "@12'-4"<0" instead of just indicating a direction with the mouse. Go figure.

chris.yanchar
2004-10-05, 02:26 AM
Try this. Select the wall, right-click > Offset > Copy. You will then get a temporary construction line to select the face of any wall component (CTRL to get the center). You will then get a dimension on screen to enter the value. It will constrain to the angle of the selected wall.

Another technique would be to select the wall, activate the location grip, start the stretch operation and type C to initiate a Copy. You can then point your cursor in the direction you want to go and type the value. (In ADT 2005 you will get a dimenions on screen.)

chris yanchra | product design
building solutions division | autodesk, inc.