PDA

View Full Version : How to see and measure Wall Offset in South Elevation

hutch_amit
2008-07-12, 12:18 PM
Hello, I m just a beginner and trying to make wall and Learning Revit. I made a Wall Sweep Family with Rectangle of 20"x8". I also Modeled a Foundation 12" Concrete Wall and set following Wall parameters: -

Location Line - Core Face Exterior
Base Constraint - Level 1 .
Base Offset - 6".
Top constraint - Unconnected.
Unconnected height - 8'6".

When I draw this wall at Level 1, then the Offset Distance is not visible in South Elevation. Please tell How this Offset Distance can be visible and can be measured.

patricks
2008-07-13, 02:58 AM
Not sure I entirely understand what your issue is. If a wall has a bottom offset, then it has an offset, and it's going to show in any vertical-plane view. It is what it is. It's not going to appear to be a different height in any view.

You set your wall so the bottom is 6" above Level 1, and then at 8' - 6" tall, the top is 9' above Level 1, correct? Are you saying that in your South Elevation the bottom of the wall is something different than 6" above Level 1?

Can you post an image of what is going on, or maybe post a simplified Revit model?

nole
2008-07-13, 05:33 AM
Hi there!
Maybe You attached bottom of the wall to the floor somehow? In that case base offset will not show up in elevation view.