PDA

View Full Version : Mounting toilets in Chase wall

mjohns18
2008-07-14, 02:48 PM
I am having a problem placing toilets in a chase wall type.

I have created a chase wall type for our toilet rooms so I would be able to tag that wall as such when we begin annotating, however when I try to place a wall mounted toilet fixture revit will not allow me to do so.

I went into the toilet family and the reference line to locate the toilet is in the middle of the wall, I thought relocating that to the finish face would solve my problem but it did not.

I have attached a jpeg of the structure of my wall, perhaps a solution lies in there?

thank you in advance,

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-14, 03:53 PM
I am having a problem placing toilets in a chase wall type.

I have created a chase wall type for our toilet rooms so I would be able to tag that wall as such when we begin annotating, however when I try to place a wall mounted toilet fixture revit will not allow me to do so.

I went into the toilet family and the reference line to locate the toilet is in the middle of the wall, I thought relocating that to the finish face would solve my problem but it did not.

I have attached a jpeg of the structure of my wall, perhaps a solution lies in there?

thank you in advance,

Are you sure you've selected and locked your toilet family to the reference plane indicating the wall face and not the wall face itself?

Also, if you still keep having problems, you could post a sample of the wall and the toilet family here.

Andre Carvalho