PDA

View Full Version : Door does not demo with wall

sfaust
2008-07-14, 11:35 PM
Create an existing plan with just walls, then set some of them to demolish in the new construction phase. Then go back and add in doors, and look at the new construction phase plan.

The doors do not pick up on the demolition of the wall in the new construction phase, they need to be demolished seperately.

Has this always been the case? I have never noticed it before, but maybe I've never done it that way before... Anyone else noticed this and/or know if it's intended?

archjake
2008-07-14, 11:45 PM
Create an existing plan with just walls, then set some of them to demolish in the new construction phase. Then go back and add in doors, and look at the new construction phase plan.

The doors do not pick up on the demolition of the wall in the new construction phase, they need to be demolished seperately.

Has this always been the case? I have never noticed it before, but maybe I've never done it that way before... Anyone else noticed this and/or know if it's intended?

I don't know if it is intended or was always the case but I don't know that it is that big of a deal. I guess I just like going around with the demo hammer and imagine smashing items to bits and pieces. Not as fun as doing it for real, but better than having to wear a dust mask!

sfaust
2008-07-14, 11:48 PM
true indeed. Just noticed it and wondered if it had been brought up. Not that hard to go demo the doors, but it just looked funny at first that I had a bunch of doors hanging out in the middle of space, which isn't supposed to be able to happen in Revit :)

and yeah, the demo hammer is cool, but it would be more fun with sound effects!

dbaldacchino
2008-07-15, 04:30 AM
At least in 2008, it behaves the same. I agree that it seems quirky. When you demo the hosting wall, all hosted doors inherit the same Phase Demolished automatically, so I would expect the same to happen when inserting doors into a wall. Seems like unfinished functionality to me. Or at least, it should prevent a user from inserting a new door in a demolished wall and it should be accompanied by the appropriate warning.

iandidesign
2008-07-15, 08:59 AM
It's a new way to make graphic door and window legends 8)

ford347
2008-07-15, 02:36 PM
It's a new way to make graphic door and window legends :cool:

Hey...good point!

BillyGrey
2008-07-15, 04:13 PM
It's always been this way.

Good luck on the new phase in that area too.