PDA

View Full Version : Levels not visible in a wall section

greg.gebert978266
2008-07-15, 04:24 PM
I have noticed that I don't have any of my levels visible in my wall sections. They are turned on in visibility graphics. Anyone have any ideas? Also, I will want some of these levels to show up in enlarged details.

mitch.cornelius
2008-07-15, 04:30 PM
The levels may not be intersecting the plane of the wall section. I've found sometimes that levels are off to the side of the project and it prevents them from showing up in most places.

easiest fix is to create new north/south/east/west elevations without crop regions to see where the levels are and extend/cut them to the correct locations from those views.

patricks
2008-07-15, 04:32 PM
If they're not off to the side of the view, they may not be intersecting the view in the perpendicular direction. You might go to a perpendicular view and see if the 3D extents of the levels are intersecting your section view.

mitch.cornelius
2008-07-15, 04:35 PM
Congratulations on post 2900 Patricks

greg.gebert978266
2008-07-15, 04:46 PM
That was it. One of the elevations didn't have the level line all the way through it. We will just have to remember to toggle to 2D mode when we shorten them the way we want them to look on the elevations. Thanks for your help.

patricks
2008-07-16, 12:53 PM
That was it. One of the elevations didn't have the level line all the way through it. We will just have to remember to toggle to 2D mode when we shorten them the way we want them to look on the elevations. Thanks for your help.

Yep, you should always do that. And actually, it will switch to 2D automatically if the view's crop region is anywhere inside the 3D extents of that datum.

greg.gebert978266
2008-07-16, 01:04 PM
Yep, you should always do that. And actually, it will switch to 2D automatically if the view's crop region is anywhere inside the 3D extents of that datum.

Great tip! Now I have to explain this in layman's terms to the rest of the team!

patricks
2008-07-16, 02:59 PM
Yeah, we usually have our level 3D extents somewhere far outside all sides of the building, but then the elevation crop regions are pulled in close to the building, so the levels always show with 2D ends.

Same thing for grids and plans. The grid 3D extents will be somewhat far away from the outside of the building, but then the crop region is pulled in close. That way the level ends can be adjusted for dimension purposes independently in every view.

Conversely, if you DID want all grids to be the same in every view, then extend your crop region outside of the 3D extents.