PDA

View Full Version : Why Roof Cutplane are visible in RAC 2008 and Why not in Revit Building 9

hutch_amit
2008-07-16, 02:44 AM
Hello, I m just a beginner in RAC 2008 and asking this: -

I have drawn a Roof in RAC 2008 using Roof By footprint. The Roof Cut Planes are visible in the Plan Level, in which Roof is drawn. But in Revit Building 9 (Prior Version of RAC 2008) the Roof Cut Palnes are not visible in the Plan level in which Roof is drawn. So my question is that: - By Default, What is method to make the roof invisible in the Plan Level in RAC 2008 Like in Revit Building 9 (but by not using any Hide command). Please answer.

Brian Myers
2008-07-16, 12:19 PM
It sounds like your View Range might need adjusting. You can find this by right clicking in the drawing area and selecting View Properties. In that box select View Range (it's likely near the bottom of the dialogue box that come up). It seems like your view range may be set differently between your projects.

hutch_amit
2008-07-16, 03:03 PM
Why Walls drawn in 2nd Level r visible in 3rd Level??

Thanks I can understand,

Well I have another query: -

I have drawm three Levels 1, 2 and 3

I drawn a Roof in 3rd Level. Problem is that the walls drawn in 2nd Level r visible in 3rd Level, How this can b possible? I checked and ensure that No Underlay Level is specified for 3rd Level. But When I Switch the Wall OFF in 3rd Floor using "Graphics Override" then the walls drawn in 2nd Floor goes invisible in 3rd Level? how this can be happened.

Steve_Stafford
2008-07-16, 05:49 PM
How were your plan views created? Did you/they use View > New > Floor Plan or did they copy a view and rename? I've seen users do the latter and they get a view with a nice name but still referencing the original level. A view is forever associated with a specific level. Just a thought.