PDA

View Full Version : Swap Shop

Ian Matthews
2008-07-16, 06:02 AM
OK, the hell with this. Rtgis gave us his cable tray some time ago and I've used it to good effect and all I gave him was a pat on the back, so it's time to loosen this up a little I think.

I've attached three families, all in the same zip file...

One is a weatherproof louvre I made myself. It'll flex in both width and height. I've seen a better one on the web somewhere (it allowed rotating the blades I think), but this was my first attempt at using an array within a family and I'm kind of attached to it, so I use it.

The second is an axial fan that someone who knows someone etc passed on, so I'm doing likewise. Apologies to the original creator, whoever you are.

The last is a Temperzone family covering HWP 33, 41, 49 and 78. I'd check the technical details if I were you as I added them in a bit of a rush last week before sending to a colleague in NZ. I'll be making more soon, but this is all the Temperzone I've got at the moment.

There may be some problems with them that I haven't come across yet, so caveat emptor. And the louvre and the fcu obviously took me some time to make, and consequently some of my companies money, but if we don't start sharing this stuff around, then it's going to slow us all down. God knows that there's enough of a problem getting up to speed with Revit in any case without wondering where the hell we're going to get a damn fan coil unit or a cooling tower.

I was going to ask for PMs and then do a straight swap via email, but lets cut to the quick, lads. If you download these and use them, how about you upload something useful into the forum as a fair exchange? If you aren't up to speed with making these things yet, then no worries. Feel free.

I don't know if the guys who run this forum want to make this post a sticky and use it for a drop off point for those who want to help? Maybe we can have a forum award for the family of the month. Perhaps he could be 'Family Guy' for 4 weeks...

RobertB
2008-07-18, 08:52 PM
Thanks for taking the initiative to post content. I think it helps the sense of community.