PDA

View Full Version : Crazy bug - depth clipping

patricks
2008-07-16, 01:11 PM
Okay this is really weird. If I am in any vertical view with a specified depth clipping distance (section or elevation), and then I click on a text note, and hit the Home key (which I know is not working in 2009), the text box appears to extend down, and also the depth clipping disappears! When I check my view properties, it still says "clip with line" but there is no depth clipping present. When I check the Undo list, it says "undo edit text" and then the next one is "undo modify clip state".

That just seems crazy to me that text editing could somehow modify the depth clipping of a view.

What's even more odd is that if you check the view properties after this happens, it STILL shows depth clipping in the view! If you do not simply undo the occurrence (which you can), then you have to switch it to no clipping and then back to clipped again in order for the model beyond your view depth to disappear again.

btrusty
2008-07-31, 07:53 PM
i have the same problem

both with home pretty much not working at all in text fields, as well as it screwing up the view depth in sections.

ws
2008-08-01, 01:07 PM
thanks for pointing that out - I couldn't figure out why the Home key no longer worked.

patricks
2008-08-01, 01:16 PM
Well the Home key issue has been known since shortly after 2009 was released. I just noticed this issue with the Home key removing depth clipping in views a few days ago.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-01, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. To avoid it, use CTRL Home instead of Home to bring you to the beginning of your text line. It won't mess with your clip line and will keep it exactly as it is.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-08-01, 03:14 PM
CTRL Home takes you to the beginning of the text box, not just the line itself.

Andre Carvalho
2008-08-01, 03:29 PM
CTRL Home takes you to the beginning of the text box, not just the line itself.

Then use SHIFT Home and hit the left arrow key.

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-08-01, 03:30 PM
Then use SHIFT Home and hit the left arrow key.

Andre Carvalho

eh, I think I'll just move my hand over to the mouse and click on the beginning of the line. ;)

BUT STILL... pressing the Home key certainly should not affect a view's depth clipping.