PDA

View Full Version : Instance parameter in a room tag

sblackburn
2008-07-16, 07:02 PM
Hello and help - I am trying to add a parameter to my room tag for occupancy. I have read some threads on here about automating this so that it also reports the occupancy to a schedule, but at this point I just want it to show up with a yes/no instance parameter that I can fill in with the occupancy manually. If I set up the occupancy parameter as a type parameter it shows up fine, but it won't show up in the project if that same parameter is set up as instance. Do I need to change other things about it? Thanks for any help.

Steve Blackburn
MPA Architects, Inc.

saeborne
2008-07-16, 09:43 PM
Instance vs. Type shouldn't affect visibilty in a tag. After all, both the Room Name and Room Number are instance parameters, and they display fine within room tags.

I have found that certain parameters do not like to be switched from type to instance, or vice versa.

I would try this... Create a new parameter for rooms called something else, "Occupancy 2" or something more creative.

Click Settings/Project Parameters/Add...

Now, it must be a "Shared Parameter" not a "Project Parameter" if you want it to display in the tag.

Then, update your room tag to look for that shared parameter.

Good Luck!

Bryan