PDA

View Full Version : Storefront Problem

sroy
2008-07-16, 08:15 PM
I recently downloaded a Kawneer 451T revit project file from BIM World for use on a training project to learn revit. I wasn't exactly sure how to get this into my test project, but I used the transfer project standards to get the wall, profiles, etc into my current file.

I then added a small length of curtain wall using the 451T to see how the setting worked and for some reason while in medium or fine the vertical mullion was out of alignment (see attached image). When I open the file that I downloaded everything works fine.

If I open the original file for the 451T everything works. Any thoughts?

saeborne
2008-07-16, 09:28 PM
Yup.

I had the same problem with the Kawneer curtain wall tools, from BIM world. They were not constructed well.

In order to fix them, you have to drill down deep, and edit the "Profile" of the mullion. (this is different from the actual mullion family).

You'll find that the symbolic extrusion detail is not centered on the geometric profile.

Good luck!

Bryan

sroy
2008-07-17, 11:56 AM
What I am having a problem with is why would it work properly in the file they created and doesn't work when I pull their information into my project. I wonder if I am missing something in some setting or doing something wrong trying to get their information into my project.

Could someone else download the file from BIM World and let me know if it works in the main file and then transfer information into another project and let me know if they get the same problem.

The name of the file I downloaded was Kawneer-TRIFAB_VG_451T_Center_SS_17272.rvt
I was unable to attach as it was over the maximum file size allowed.