PDA

View Full Version : fascia

ntnik
2008-07-16, 08:19 PM
roof fascia on diagonal flattens out (turns horizontal) at the corner....i am attaching a profile sweep to a roof (by extrusion)....this is meant to accept the fascia....the real roof will overhang the fascia

saeborne
2008-07-16, 09:32 PM
Is the white cap supposed to be pitched, along the horizontal eave?

I think you need to create two separate sweep objects. In one, the profile is flat. On the other, the profile is pitched.

Bryan

patricks
2008-07-16, 09:41 PM
It does that because that's how it would have to be actually built, in order to maintain the proper cornice height and have it tie in properly. If you had the sloped cornice along the gable just coming down to the face of the wall at the corner and cut it off vertically, the vertical height would be different than the height of the cornice along the eave of the roof.

ntnik
2008-07-17, 01:38 PM
got it to work...made roof for fascia sweep 2 cut square with fascia depth....still need to possition it correctly

patricks
2008-07-17, 03:48 PM
Well I tried to make something like that with actual flat fascia roof sweeps, one of them rotated to be perpendicular to the roof slope under the eave, but I couldn't get it exactly right, and the crown sweep wouldn't miter and join at the corner. Oh well.