PDA

View Full Version : Eliptical spiral stair

Wagurto
2004-09-18, 02:06 PM
Is it posible to build this stair in revit? how would you do it? is it worhty to do it in 3d or I should do it in 2d only?
Thanks.

dpasa
2004-09-18, 06:24 PM
Try using boundary lines and rises instead of making the run of the stairs.

sfaust
2004-09-18, 08:43 PM
problem is that you can only draw lines and arcs for boundary lines, no elipses. It can be done, but not entirely easily. If you really need a pure elipse, you will have to use an in place family and model the whole thing out of solids and voids, and you won't be able to attach a railing to it which kind of sucks. See attached file for the start of this just to give you the idea.

The other way is to simply fake it with arcs. You can draw the detail lines or model lines to lay out your elipse, then use the stair boundary lines to trace as closely as you can with arcs. It will not be perfect, but it may be close enough. Again, attached file has an example.

Wagurto
2004-09-19, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I already tried them and it really works, but I having a problem I used the default Revit setting for stair and it works fine. But as soon as I change the stair type to concrete stair all what I got is the top line of each step, why is that?
also, I would like to have the railing top runs continuously I don't want them stepped as you will see in my rvt file attached
thanks

sfaust
2004-09-19, 08:20 PM
hmmm... yeah, something has gone wacky with that! Turn off monolithic stairs and it gets even weirder.. Maybe send it to support.