PDA

View Full Version : Kerb on th Sloped Toposurface

Jun Austria
2008-07-17, 08:38 PM
I'ts 4:30 a.m. can't talk much. Just finished one tender design due this afternoon.
In the process, I did a kerb on the slope using 3dsmax.

The kerb was created in Revit via "subregion". Then exported to 3dsmax.

In 3dsmax, this "subregion" becomes an editable mesh. Using sub-object editting via face.
I selected all the face of the kerb. Then extruded to desired height.

After the extrusion. This object is exported back to Revit. What about materials? I didnt bother.. at least my Rendering looks correct.

The process didnt take longer then 3 minutes. : ) cheers

patricks
2008-07-17, 08:44 PM
nice trick... but not all of us have 3Ds Max :(

josh.made4worship
2008-07-18, 03:08 PM
What is the resulting object type when you export back to Revit from 3DS max? Were you creating the site as a separate linked Revit file so as not to destroy the rest of your objects in the Revit model, or what? More detail would be greatly appreciated...

Jun Austria
2008-07-19, 05:48 AM
What is the resulting object type when you export back to Revit from 3DS max? Were you creating the site as a separate linked Revit file so as not to destroy the rest of your objects in the Revit model, or what? More detail would be greatly appreciated...

The site I created are 99% Revit. The 1% is the curb/kerb. In Revit, the curb/kerb was created by "subregion". As we all know, this is just a flat surface following the contoured toposurface.

In order to get a 3D version of the curb/kerb. The curb/kerb subregion was exported to 3dsmax. Then imported back to Revit via DWG and placed at the same location as the curb/kerb subregion.

Now any changes that will affect the curb/kerb subregion and its 3D counterpart. I just delete the 3D version in Revit and export the curb/kerb subregion to 3dsmax again. And import it back again in Revit. Like I said before, the process will take less then 3 minutes.

I do this in order to make my 3d rendering to look more accurate in Revit. If theres no rendering required. I skip this process.

I hope this will help. Just wishing, the "factory" will improve the site tool at the next release.