PDA

View Full Version : strange wall transparency in 3D

kathy71046
2008-07-21, 08:23 AM
This one is a bit odd, and I'm at a total loss as to how, why, or is it even fixable....

I was changing my default 3D view with the cube, just switching back and forth between a couple of corners to check the alignments of some wall reveals, and now every time I change the view, something else becomes transparent, It started with my upper floor slab and a beam showing through the wall, now all my beams, stairs, floors etc are visible in the 3d view.

And now it crashed......

mcloer
2008-07-21, 04:48 PM
We have seen this same issue on one of our models. We ended up deleting the offending view and creating a new central.

It hasn't happened again so far.

Mark

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-21, 05:19 PM
Maybe it is something related to the same problem we are discussing on the following thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=84120

Andre Carvalho

twiceroadsfool
2008-07-21, 06:11 PM
We have this issue too, but there are some strange statistics about it:

It only happens to one user, in one project (which is 7 models).

It has happened to that user on multiple workstations, with different hardware configuratrions.

We have deleted and replaced the offending 3D view everytime, and it still only occurs to this one user.

We have verified its not the hardware because if someone else (different windows/network Login) logs in to the machine, it works fine for a lot longer than with his username.

Were pretty stumped. It must be some manuever or action that is setting it off...

kathy71046
2008-07-22, 01:31 AM
ahh, thanks Guys, I won't wait for the second attempt at the update to download then, and I'll just delete it.

dbaldacchino
2008-07-22, 03:08 AM
Seen this on the first release on multiple occasions. Not sure if WU1 solves this. The solution for us was the same...delete the view and recreate (or duplicate it).

atbergma
2008-07-22, 01:38 PM
I tried duplicate in one such case, and it duplicated the weirdness. May have to create new, use "orient to other view. . . [3D]", then delete the offender. . .