PDA

View Full Version : Color Fill Legends

aggockel50321
2003-08-04, 06:44 PM
One issue that I don't think has been addressed yet, is the ability to change the size & appearance of color fill legends.

The way I got around the size issue was to place the color legend on an empty level, export it out as an image, import it back onto a sheet, & resize it by dragging it's corner shape handles.

Naturally it won't update automatically, but it saved me going to a larger sheet.

hand471037
2003-08-04, 08:59 PM
This was a major item on our wishlist entries for 6.0. What we do to work around this is create annotation families that are legends w/matching colors, and turning off the auto-generated color fill legend. They are 'dead' so to speak. But we're using the same colors over and over for things, so this approach makes sense (one legend is enough) if you were generating different legends for every project, then the export as an image is a great tip. Thanks for that! Hadn't even though of that!

aggockel50321
2003-08-04, 09:06 PM
The things you do when you get in a bind!

The guy for whom I did this particular drawing asked if I could move the color legend to the right side of the text, and right-justify the text to the color legend.

As a comprimise, I resized the damned thing & shut him up.