PDA

View Full Version : Room Finish Schedule Error

SJohnson-HSD
2008-07-21, 03:56 PM
I have searched about as long as I can justify doing while my project sits untouched so I apologize if this has been answered already but I have not found a clear resolution:

I've seen plenty about the "to room" and "from room" discussion but my question is much more basic than that. When I have a space where a door swings out of a room, it won't schedule the room in my finish schedule. As soon as I flip the hand of the door to swing in to the room, it shows up. If I flip it back, it disappears. If I'm doing larger conference rooms that require a door to swing out, or any other room for that matter, I still need to be able to have it in my finish schedule...what do I do?

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-21, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Does the door swing to the exterior of the building or into a space that does not have a room associated with it?

SJohnson-HSD
2008-07-21, 04:56 PM
You'll see in the first picture that Door 21 is swinging into Room 16. Room 16 is in my finish schedule.

But you'll notice in the 2nd picture, I've swung Door 21 OUT of the room...and Room 16 then disappears from my finish schedule.

Frustrating!

patricks
2008-07-21, 05:02 PM
That is odd. Can you post a simplified version of the Revit file?

SJohnson-HSD
2008-07-21, 05:10 PM
Absolutely...if you tell me how to simplify the file/what to post.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-21, 05:14 PM
Absolutely...if you tell me how to simplify the file/what to post.

Save a copy of your file. If there's more elements (walls, etc..) than the ones shown in the pictures, delete them. Then go to File > Purge Unused > Check all and purge the drawing. This can make the file small enough to post it here.

Andre Carvalho

SJohnson-HSD
2008-07-21, 05:35 PM
Have at it! (Also notice that in the room schedule, it's scheduled door 25 as a room even though I've unchecked the "itemize all instances" box in the schedule properties.) It's got to be a simple solution I'm just not seeing because I've been mulling over it for so long.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-21, 07:06 PM
I've noticed you used a multi category schedule to create your room finish schedule. Then you have fields from room and spaces available... If room finishes is what you want, why don't just create a room schedule (and not a multi category schedule)? I just created a new Room Schedule using the same fields as you want, and it works great. Try it.

Andre Carvalho

SJohnson-HSD
2008-07-21, 07:33 PM
That did it, thank you! A former CAD person had set up the template for my studio and I never thought to see if the initial schedule was set up correctly. Thank you so much!