PDA

View Full Version : Titleblock Revision Schedule

saeborne
2008-07-21, 06:30 PM
Hi all,

I saw a quick demo once of Revit 2009, where the guy was able to populate a revision schedule on a titleblock, with out drawing revision clouds.

I want to be able to issue a drawing dated as "July 21 2008" "Design Intent Drawings". I can input a line into the revision schedule that says this. But... I can't get that revision line to populate the sheet, without actually drawing a cloud somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Bryan

saeborne
2008-07-21, 08:41 PM
Found it!

See attached.

gbrowne
2008-08-20, 11:09 AM
That jpeg just saved the day for me!

Elmo
2008-08-20, 01:35 PM
Ok, I am confused. I trying to find this setting and for the life of me I don't see it anywhere. Is there something I'm missing.

SCShell
2008-08-20, 01:43 PM
Hey there,
You should just have to right click on a title block, hit view properties, and that screen will pop up.
Steve

DaveP
2008-08-20, 03:22 PM
Or Right-click on a Sheet from the Project Browser and click Properties. Brings you to the same place as Steve mentioned.

That's one improvement I'd like to see on this tool. I like it a lot, but it would be nice to be able to select multiple Sheets from the Browser and set the "Revisions on Sheet" values. For some reason, it doesn't even show up if you have more than one Sheet selected.

Elmo
2008-08-21, 06:23 AM
Doh! Thanks guys was missing the key element of the whole thing. It is not the sheet it is the view!! :)

rgrace
2008-09-05, 01:59 PM
Dave P - I agree.

This is a great tool, but is it true that there is NO way to control the visibility of the revisions listed in the schedule on multiple sheets at once?

dnilsson
2008-10-02, 03:36 PM
Is there any way to do the opposite of this, i.e. have revisions that were made to the page not show up in the schedule. I have a sheet that has been modified so many times the schedule has run off the bottom of its alloted space. I'd like to hide the first 3 or 4 revisions from showing up in the schedule. I don't want to actualy delete the clouds or tags though.

saeborne
2008-10-02, 06:18 PM
Is there any way to do the opposite of this, i.e. have revisions that were made to the page not show up in the schedule. I have a sheet that has been modified so many times the schedule has run off the bottom of its alloted space. I'd like to hide the first 3 or 4 revisions from showing up in the schedule. I don't want to actualy delete the clouds or tags though.

Let's say the revision schedule has lines for 8 issuances.

That means the schedule will only show the most recent 8 issuances. Please take a look at the attached file. Notice Revisions 1 thru 11 are selected for this sheet. However the sheet only starts at Rev 3 to Rev 11.

dnilsson
2008-10-02, 06:23 PM
Ah . . . there is a setting for the schedule length, "Variable" and "User Defined". Variable will keep appending the list with every new revision, which is how this titleblock was set up. User Defined sets a limit on the number of rows.

Problem solved, thanks.

saeborne
2008-10-02, 06:24 PM
However, there should be a way to over-ride this...

I'm having an issue where we might put a cloud in a sketch, to respond to a RFI or something like that. The view on the sketch is a dependant copy of the main floor plan.

But... I don't want the RFI issuance to populate my revision schedule on my main Floor Plan sheet.

Guess I can't have it both ways.