PDA

View Full Version : Wall Closure Parameter

nnguyen
2008-07-21, 10:31 PM
Is there a way to get the Wall Closure Parameter that is typical in the window and door family in a family that was started as a Generic Model Wall based family? We have created a window family that was started off with the Generic Model wall based family template and then changed the Family Categories and Parameters to window. I thought once I did that, the parameter would show up like the Width, Height, Rough Width, and Rough Height did.

Thanks.

kathy71046
2008-07-22, 01:13 AM
You need to add those parameters into your family.

This is one of the places where the help files do appear to be complete and easy to follow.

Just be sure to lock your geometry to reference planes, and then add your parameters to the planes.

nnguyen
2008-07-23, 02:04 AM
You need to add those parameters into your family.

This is one of the places where the help files do appear to be complete and easy to follow.

Just be sure to lock your geometry to reference planes, and then add your parameters to the planes.

I understand how to add parameters to the family. I would like to know how to add the "Wall Closure" parameter to the family since it doesn't allow me to see what the "Type of Parameter" the Wall Closure one is.

dbaldacchino
2008-07-23, 03:26 AM
You don't add wall closure parameters to a family; you create one or two ref. planes and turn on the Wall Closure yes/no parameter for those ref. planes. You're basically instructing your ref. plane/s to do the job! See attached from a GM wall-based family...then just dimension the ref. plane and add a length label if you want to control the positioning of that plane from the project environment.