PDA

View Full Version : Wall element line thicknesses

oxidation
2008-07-21, 10:46 PM
Hello,

I am detailing some wall sections in my project. I am adjusting line thicknesses using the Override Graphics in View tool. However, this seems to only affect the interior and exterior surface lines in section views. The wall includes other elements such a substrate and stl. studs. I do nor seem to be able to modify the line thicknesses between these elements. For example the the thickness of the line between the plaster and the substrate is seems to be fixed as is the line indicating the boundry between the substrate and the steel studs.

Can anyone help me?

John

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-07-21, 11:19 PM
These lines are covered under the 'common edges' sub-category of walls in the Visibility and Graphics overrides.
You can change the lineweight of these lines but it's an all or nothing proposition, i.e. you can't just change one by modifying this setting.
You can use the linework tool (located just above the properties button) to change individual lines in the view but unless you only require a few lines to be different, that's a bit of a nuisance
When you get down to this level of detail (where the line thickness becomes apparent) you might want to consdier using detail componenets to define these elements. This will give you greater flexibility.

chris.needham
2008-07-23, 10:40 AM
Go into visibility graphics, then tick the "Cut line styles" check box, then click the "Edit" button to the right. There you can set different lineweights for the various components of walls, roofs, floors etc.
To make this less tedious for many similar views, create a view template.