PDA

View Full Version : LIGHTS NOT CENTERED IN CEILING

dpasa
2004-09-20, 09:56 AM
I very often design office buildings and I was very happy to see the ceiling plans in Revit. I just finished my first model and tried to render. Before rendering, I adjusted the ceiling grid to minimize the material loss, since I will possibly be the main contractor.
Everything looks good in plan view but look what happens when you render....

I was really disappointed to see this. I hope I'm doing something wrong.
Otherwise, you can imagine that modeling a ceiling of this kind would require much time and would create very large files and a model very difficult to render.

Phil Read
2004-09-20, 10:32 AM
dpasa -

It's probably not the lights...but the orintation of the material map for the ceiling.

The material assigned to your ceiling is presently a project wide map - not room specific. I'd recommend you duplicate the material - 1) be careful to put it in a folder that you create in your project library and 2) name it according to the room number it's associated to in this project (so you know which one to edit if the ceiling changes and you have to rerender).

Simply adjust the orientation of this new material map - doing a few region raytraces till it's aligned properly.

This will allow you to have unique ceiling orientations for any room in your project.

All the best -

Phil

dpasa
2004-09-20, 11:35 AM
Thank you very much.
It was very easy but saved me a lot of searching...

sfaust
2004-09-20, 03:48 PM
this is something that I would like to see fixed. It would be very Revit-like if the origin point for the ceiling tile map was made to match whichever ceiling it was being rendered onto. Since everything else updates everywhere when you update in one place, you would expect the tiles to update in the rendering when you update in plan. The same is true with Masonry coursing - Rendering does not reflect the model pattern coursing moves. My $.02