PDA

View Full Version : deleting option levels

ray salmon
2008-07-22, 07:18 PM
for some reason all these option levels are listed possibily from a toposurface but would like to delete them. they do not show up in any elevation or cross section view... and can't find a way to select them for a delete....

r

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-22, 07:42 PM
What you can do is go to any elevation or section view and select any visible level there. Right click on it and select "Select All Instances". Once all are selected, right click again and select "Maximize 3D Extents". This will make the levels show in all its extents (even the ones that weren't showing). From there you can select the ones you don't want and delete.

Make sure that no elements are "attached" to these levels before deleting or the elements will be deleted too...

Andre Carvalho

ray salmon
2008-07-22, 07:49 PM
actually they do no show up in any elevation or section view
i presume they might be attached to the toposurface
which is useless to me...

r

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-22, 08:01 PM
actually they do no show up in any elevation or section view
i presume they might be attached to the toposurface
which is useless to me...

r

You can select ANY visible level. It doesn't have to be the ones that you can't see. I assume you can see at least one level in section can't you? If not, in a section view, just go to Drafting tab and draw a new level anywhere. Once you are able to select this new level (or any other) do a "Select all instances", all levels (from the same type) will be selected (the ones that are hidden included). Using the option Maximize 3D extents should make them appear again and then you can delete as you want.

Andre Carvalho

dbaldacchino
2008-07-22, 08:58 PM
...as long as his invisible levels are of the same type.

ray salmon
2008-07-22, 11:40 PM
i can see the levels i created

but the option levels ????
no see
must be a "find me if you can" type

r

dbaldacchino
2008-07-23, 12:11 AM
You need to do what Andre is saying AND make sure that in the view where you want to see the levels, the Visibility/Graphics is set to display that particular option. Otherwise the level might not show if the view is set to show the Primary option and your level is not on an option set to primary.