PDA

View Full Version : part demolish roof

k.armstrong
2004-09-20, 12:24 PM
I have a pyramid roof (hip) that has to have rear half (approx) demolished to make way for a third storey at the rear of an existing house. being new to Revit- how do i demolish half the roof?

thanks 4 your help

Ken

aggockel50321
2004-09-20, 01:41 PM
You have a few options.

You can demolish the whole roof and then recreate the piece you want to keep. Once done, you can select that piece and place it in the same phase as the original roof.

Rather than demolishing the roof, you can use the Opening tool found under the modelling tab, and cut away the portion you want to demolish. This method will allow the roof to show correctly in each phase, without the double roof that you get with the first method.

stucky
2006-06-30, 08:41 PM
What happens then when you need to cut out part of a roof to add a second story and the existing roof remains but only a piece is taken out and you still need to show that, that piece as been demolished. You can't just make a new roof within the new hole because the eaves wont look like the existing roof.

narlee
2006-06-30, 09:40 PM
Send the roof and indictate what you want to do.

patricks
2006-07-01, 02:44 AM
You have a few options.

You can demolish the whole roof and then recreate the piece you want to keep. Once done, you can select that piece and place it in the same phase as the original roof.

Rather than demolishing the roof, you can use the Opening tool found under the modelling tab, and cut away the portion you want to demolish. This method will allow the roof to show correctly in each phase, without the double roof that you get with the first method.

I can't get it to show correctly in each phase. If I have a roof on the Existing phase and cut an opening, the opening is always on the same phase as the roof. If I set the view to New and the filter to Show Previous + Demo, it still shows the partial roof only, with nothing showing where the opening cut is (no demo linework or anything).

narlee
2006-07-01, 02:50 PM
Am I oversimplifying, or can you not create one roof as Existing and one roof as Demolished.

Fred Blome
2006-07-01, 03:43 PM
Copy and paste (e) roof back into same place
Modify each to represent:

(e) portion to remain
(e) portion to be demo'd

Demo the part to be removed

This way, if you have demo roof plan and elevations, the removed portion will show up as demo'd, ie dashed. The elevations can look kinda weird sometimes, however.