PDA

View Full Version : Dashed lines for soffits

mjohns18
2008-07-22, 08:33 PM
We are trying to reflect the ceiling lines for a soffit on our floor plans (not RCPS), is this possible or do we have to trace our soffit with detail lines and then paste aligned in our floor plan view?

Thank you,

greg.mcdowell
2008-07-22, 08:39 PM
it's manual but it's possible

create an additional view of your floor plan and put the ceiling plan on it as an underlay - trace over the soffit lines with your dashed drafting line and lock it to the soffit (easiest is to use the arrow to pick the soffit lines and lock automatically) - as long as this view keeps the ceilng plan as an underlay the line will update as soffits move - i keep this view in a Management folder to keep it out of the way

Steve_Stafford
2008-07-22, 08:48 PM
or...

In View Properties, set the Underlay Parameter to the same Level you are working on, Click OK. (ceiling is now visible)

Use the Linework Tool to override the appearance (use Line Style "Overhead") of the ceiling that is now visible.

Turn off the Underlay.

This linework will stay as long as the ceiling object is not changed substantially. If it is revised you will have to fix any new sketch segments that define it.

mjohns18
2008-07-22, 09:20 PM
When I select my underlay I only get levels to underlay, not reflected ceiling plans. Did you created a new level at your ceiling and then underlay that?

Thank you,

greg.mcdowell
2008-07-22, 10:01 PM
set the Underlay Orientation to Reflected Ceiling Plan

mjohns18
2008-07-22, 10:05 PM
Thank you, in the particular view i wasn't able to modify that, it was greyed out to be plan. I will duplicate another view.

thank you again.

patricks
2008-07-22, 10:52 PM
If you set your Underlay level to the same level you are currently on, the underlay will look like the ceiling plan, even though it is set to Floor Plan.

And if you use the Linework tool on objects in the underlay, the line work will still show even when you turn the underlay off, and will update accordingly.