PDA

View Full Version : Rendered Lighting On, but doesn't show up...

slimchaz
2008-07-24, 03:21 PM
I'm having trouble getting lights to be "on" in an interior rendered view. In the artificial lights dialogue box they are on and the dimmer is set to 1. However when i render the lights don't produce any light. The lights i want to render are basic recessed cans. Is there another setting that i need to change to make them turn on?

sfaust
2008-07-24, 03:37 PM
a couple things to try:

First, is there daylighting in the scene as well? If so, and there is a fair amount of it sometimes that simply drowns out the (relatively) small amount of light coming from an artificial fixture. This is acurate to reality...

Is this an upgraded project? Any lighting families from previous versions should be opened and saved in 2009 or the lighting won't work. It's a product of the change to the rendering engine and how lighting works. Try opening, saving, and reloading the family.

Lastly, make sure there is no geometry in the family blocking the light.

HTH

hand471037
2008-07-24, 04:00 PM
I'm having trouble getting lights to be "on" in an interior rendered view. In the artificial lights dialogue box they are on and the dimmer is set to 1. However when i render the lights don't produce any light. The lights i want to render are basic recessed cans. Is there another setting that i need to change to make them turn on?

One last thing. If the lights are nested into a family (for example, you've got a family of four lighting can families nested together into a single light fixture family) that you've got to set them to be 'Shared' families in order for the lights to turn on.

Jun Austria
2008-07-25, 01:14 AM

Check "Rendering" tab.
Then check the "Scheme" under "Lighting".
Select the right "scheme" suited for you're scene.

You can start with "Interior:Artificial only" if you dont have any outside light coming in into you're scene.

Firmso
2008-07-25, 04:16 AM
Try doing a new Scene (Render>Settings>Name...) for your new lighting settup.

sjsl
2008-07-25, 07:50 PM
If you upgraded your file to 09 from 08 you will have to use 09 light fixtures the 08 's do not have the same capability,