PDA

View Full Version : System Family: Viewport

Paul P.
2004-09-20, 04:05 PM
Is there another way to control the display of viewports other that the element properties box. I don't want to show a view scale or a detail number but it doesn't have that option.

Any suggestions.

Regards, Paul.

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-20, 04:10 PM
Modify a view title family to only use the title parameter (remove the scale and detail number). Then load that family and assign it to a new viewport type. Swap out any existing viewports that you want with this new viewport type.

Remember, even though you aren't showing a detail number there is still one associated with the viewport. If you add one of these viewports in between others you'll need to change the detail number so you can number the others sequentially. One way would be to use letters for the number instead of numbers if you normally use numbers. You could also number them really high...like 100 since you're not likely to put 99 viewports on a single sheet right?

Paul P.
2004-09-21, 07:14 AM
Thanks Steve, I'll give that a go.

Regards, Paul.

pwmsmith
2004-09-21, 01:09 PM
Where do I go to swap the viewport type?

Phil Palmer
2004-09-21, 02:00 PM
The top Left hand Corner Pull down option
Select the viewport first on the sheet

Paul P.
2004-09-21, 02:20 PM
Steve, I'm at a bit of a loss of where to find a veiw title family. Any suggestions were I might find them.

Regards, Paul.

Allen Lacy
2004-09-21, 02:52 PM
Steve, I'm at a bit of a loss of where to find a veiw title family. Any suggestions were I might find them.

Regards, Paul. They should be in the Annotations folder.

Paul P.
2004-09-21, 03:18 PM
Thanks Allen, cant beleive I missed that. It's always the simple things.

Regards, Paul.