PDA

View Full Version : Modify Automatic Viewport size?

ctc
2004-09-20, 04:27 PM
I just created a partial plan of the kitchen by duplicating the level 1 floor plan, enabling the crop region and re-sizing it appropriately. Nothing is visible outside the boundary of the crop region.

When I issue the command "zoom to fit" the results are not as expected. The kitchen plan appears in the upper right hand corner of the visible "work area" and the other 80% of the screen is blank white, indicating that there is another object out there, which is not visible, and which is still being "read" by Revit as part of this plan.

When I drag and drop the kitchen plan on to a sheet, the resulting automatically sized viewport & title placement mirrors the same proportions of the view produced with the "zoom to fit" command as stated above.

I can fit the Kitchen plan image on the sheet by moving the viewport, but the boundaries of the viewport and the location of the drawing title are off of the sheet. This of course is unacceptable.

How do I modify the kitchen plan, and and/or the viewport to produce acceptable results?

PeterJ
2004-09-20, 04:46 PM
I think the most likely causes are an imported dwg, if you have one in there, or some form of tag, such as an elevation that is visible in one your reduced area view but references the entire original view.

Experiment with switching the visibility of items off until you get shot of the problem then study the offending items.

ctc
2004-09-20, 05:15 PM
It is a plan region which is doing this! If I delete the plan region, everything works as it should.

Since I need the plan region and can't delete it, do you have any suggestions?

Steve_Stafford
2004-09-20, 05:19 PM
Since I need the plan region and can't delete it, do you have any suggestions? Can you post a screen shot of this plan region in relation to this cropped view? If you need the plan region in this view (they are view specific) can you resize it? What I'm wondering is...does the plan region extend out to the extents of this view or is it confined to the area you have cropped?

ctc
2004-09-20, 06:40 PM
The plan region is entirely outside the cropped kitchen plan.

I did not realize that plan regions were view specific, but it does make sense.

I can delete it in this view, because it does not modify anything within this crop region.

Everything now appears as it should.

Thank you.

Phil Palmer
2004-09-21, 11:07 AM
Another way to create your intial view would of been to use a 'callout' view of the main floor plan.
This is the best way to create detailed' views of your entire plan view.