PDA

View Full Version : graphics after changing view discipline

mmiles
2008-07-27, 09:05 PM
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to review/modify settings related to changing the graphics setting - discipline- of a view? I am copying floor plan view to make electical plan view, so I change the discipline. What I like about changing the discipline is the ability to organize my browser and sheets, but the graphics change once I do this, and my view template application gets altered (i.g. walls lose the course fill I have set, and the category gets set to half tone).

The interesting thing is I have set the wall category to halftone in my view template, but once I applied the discipline change the amount of half-tone seemed to have gotten twice as light in value as when the discipline is set back from "electrical" to "architecture".

thanks.

josh.made4worship
2008-07-28, 05:33 PM
Everything you described is the Factory indended use for changing graphics when you change discipline. Kind of like if you change from Arch to structural, only structural elements will show up and there is really no way to turn on elements that aren't structural.

In regard to the "double half toning," this is because when you change a discipline to Mechanical or Electrical, it will automatically screen any architectural and I think Structural elements (it may even screen anything that is not that discipline...I can't remember). So this is why you are getting double screening. You'll need to reset the screening of your walls to that they are not screened by category, and then you'll have to let Revit screen back what it does.

The only way you can avoid this and still get your browser orgainzation the way you want is by creating a shared parameter for "discipline" and then telling the browser to organize off of this. The only bad thing is that you have to manually assign every view and sheet to this, but you are kind of already doing that when you change the discipline in the view properties.

Hope this helps.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-28, 05:52 PM
The only way you can avoid this and still get your browser orgainzation the way you want is by creating a shared parameter for "discipline" and then telling the browser to organize off of this. The only bad thing is that you have to manually assign every view and sheet to this, but you are kind of already doing that when you change the discipline in the view properties.

It doesn't even has to be a shared parameter. It can be a simple project parameter assigned to views.

Andre Carvalho

mmiles
2008-07-28, 06:32 PM
Thanks Andre. It was helpful- though I wish I could see, and or modify those discipline settings. I will have to deselect my half tone settings for the View template.

At this point, I am having trouble with Structural views not showing certain instances of Stacked walls. I have checked the various components of the stacked walls and set them all to both "bearing" and exterior function, but some show up in my plan view, and some do not once I change the discipline parameter to structural. Do you know of any limitations regarding the use of stacked walls with discipline settings?