PDA

View Full Version : Project Set-up

STHRevit
2008-07-28, 02:50 AM
Hi,

We have just begun a large project in Revit, the first really large project for our office as we are fairly new to the program.

I was hoping someone could give some guidance as to how we could set the views up.

We are using a B1 Title block and the overall project will fit on at 1:200. No problem there.

So we have to split the project into Zones for the 1:100 sheets. lets say 4 zones for example.
Now, do we then have to duplicate the overall plan (ground floor for example) for each zone and adjust the crop regions to suit the 1:100 in the 4 duplcated levels or is there a better way?

Any help is appreciated

Norton_cad
2008-07-28, 04:06 AM
Yes, you create your four views, it is a simple matter to duplicate a view, just by right clicking it in the project bowser. If you copy with detailing all the annotation is copied as well; then seclect the scale for the copied view from the view control bar.
Duplicate these 4 zones, for each level, changing the veiw properties for each. It should take you abourt 5mins to do.

STHRevit
2008-07-28, 05:52 AM
Thanks Mark,

I went down this path, as it seemed the most logical.
It is great to get some feedback to show we are on the right track.

Thanks again.

ejburrell67787
2008-07-28, 08:49 AM
That is all very well if you just want a bunch of new views. I would recommend you make 1 plan at 1:200 and then duplicate with detailing to make 1 plan at 1:100, then duplicate as dependent 4 times to get your 4 zones. This way the 4 zones are actually all the same plan effectively just with different crop regions. The annotations are the same, the scale, the view range etc... you can adjust anything in the model or annotations or view properties in the parent view (ie the full 1:100 plan view) and all the 4 plan zone views will be consistent.

Hope that helps.

josh.made4worship
2008-07-28, 05:26 PM
I agree with Elrond, this is much better to manage, especially when it comes to annotating a plan, etc. You can just annotate in the overall view and the detailing will come in on the Dependent views.

sfaust
2008-07-28, 06:31 PM
Yes, this is what dependent views were meant for.

Dependent views also allow you to use the matchline tool to reference the plans to each other properly. You can't do that with seperate views, you would have to use dumb text to reference accross the other views, and it wouldn't update automatically if the view reference ever changed.

STHRevit
2008-07-29, 03:01 AM
Awesome.

Thanks guys.
Very much appreciated.

tomnewsom
2008-07-29, 09:30 AM
Awesome.

Thanks guys.
Very much appreciated.
Another 'oh yeah!' vote for dependent views here. They're great :)