PDA

View Full Version : Custom background map black with daylight system

spacedecor
2008-07-28, 02:52 PM
I need help! When i was render with daylight system(mr sky,mr sun active,mr exposure setting) and I was choose my own bitmap from "environment/effect" environment map slot and check map active.Then i was drag & drop environment map to material editor new slot with "instant".Next i test render preview in "environment/effect",this was fine with my own background image.When i render this view,other were fine expect background black.How should i get my own background with mr ray daylight system?

Steve_Bennett
2008-08-16, 07:03 AM
See here for solution:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=81518

spacedecor
2008-08-17, 04:02 PM
Thank Steve,
I will try for your solution.

spacedecor
2008-08-18, 09:33 AM
This is well workindg "Steve",many thank for your care.May i know why did problem & relation of physical scale ?

Steve_Bennett
2008-08-18, 07:57 PM
I didn't get that information, I just know it works - not the why and how. My brain was full by that time! I also verified that it does not change accuracy of physically based lights.

mbeham
2009-08-06, 06:09 PM
I tried the above method and while it does get the background to finally render the rest of my scene becomes a big white illumination. I have gamma on at 1.8 for input and output as suggested by another forum which allows my materials to look very nice, however withouth the sky background my windows look pretty bad as they are reflecting the black background that doesnt go away. Again the preview looks correct and the view background in the viewport shows up just nothing in the rendering. Any other suggestions?