PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Shortcuts w/ Vista

ChristinaB
2008-07-28, 03:39 PM
I loaded Revit 2009 on my new laptop that is running Vista 64 bit OS. I cannot find the keyboard shortcuts.txt file which should be in C>ProgrFiles(x86)>Revit Architecture 2009>Program. Can anyone help please? Thanks

josh.made4worship
2008-07-28, 05:22 PM
Mine is in the location you described...not sure why yours isn't. The only possiblity I can think of is that your software installer set it up to be put somewhere else, which I doubt. I don't even think you can tell Revit to look somewhere else for the file that I know of, except maybe via API or something.

Anywho...the file should be in the location you described. If it's not, you may have to do a reinstall.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-28, 06:07 PM
You don't have to reinstall Revit. Try downloading the original Revit 2009 shortcut txt file I've posted here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=81046

I hope it helps,

Andre Carvalho

ChristinaB
2008-07-29, 11:59 PM
so I downloaded the txt file and placed it in my programs folder and modified it, but the commands are not working even after a full restart. It seems that Revit is not even reading the text file. Could this be?

vgonzales
2008-07-30, 12:04 AM
Do you have User Account Control turned on? It seems that it is turned on. I had to turn mine off in order to get my Revit shortcuts to work. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts. The shortcuts text file should work after turning it off. If you do not have admin rights, you are out of luck.

Leo

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-30, 01:21 AM
so I downloaded the txt file and placed it in my programs folder and modified it, but the commands are not working even after a full restart. It seems that Revit is not even reading the text file. Could this be?

See this post from our friend Mr. Spot. Probably the answer for the problem is there (related to Vista security mesures). Let us know if it works then.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=81348

Andre Carvalho

ChristinaB
2008-07-30, 06:04 PM
Do you have User Account Control turned on? It seems that it is turned on. I had to turn mine off in order to get my Revit shortcuts to work. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts. The shortcuts text file should work after turning it off. If you do not have admin rights, you are out of luck.

Leo

Another resolution by the all powerful Wizard of AUGI. Turning off the User Account Control worked. Thanks for the help.