PDA

View Full Version : RPC problem

Vincent Valentijn
2004-09-20, 07:58 PM
Hi guys,

I'm doing an AccuRendering and it's not going well - If I start Revit fresh I can make 1 good rendering. Once I change a setting mt RPC's get gray-speckeld .. vague.. Is this a setting or something? never experienced this before.. please someone help

thanx

Allen Lacy
2004-09-20, 08:16 PM
Check out this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=6435&highlight=ghost) and this (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=3092&highlight=ghost)

Vincent Valentijn
2004-09-20, 08:38 PM
well.. closing.. opening views isn't a real solution I'd say :( this I don't like :(

> what did I say? Opening / closing the 3D view doesn't work even! I need to close the file in order for it to work. Aint that something? ;( any other options?

Scott D Davis
2004-09-21, 02:28 AM
Something about a point release that was supposed to take care of the gray RPC figures come to mind....what build are you using?

beegee
2004-09-21, 02:41 AM
According to zograf, its already fixed, presumably by a new build.

Actually it is a bug in the Accurender Toolkit which is already fixed.
This happens when there is a change in the environment settings and ray traced image exist for this scene.

Vincent Valentijn
2004-09-21, 08:42 AM
Oh damn.. I donno.. this was on my computer at home, can't check the versionnr. right now.. It's 6.1 allright but.. I don't believe I've updated recently?
thanx 4 the support ;)

Zig
2004-09-21, 03:04 PM
I still have the same problem and I believe I am using the newest build (about a month ago). I am also still having a problem where the software locks up when I am selecting rendering materials. After I select 2 or 3 materials the software locks up.

aliya14
2004-09-23, 08:43 AM
Hello there,
I have tried increasing the transperancy bounces plus the quality settings the white sheild on the rpc does not go.Please help what can be done to rectify this problem.
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2004-09-23, 08:52 AM
Aliya,

Try closing Revit , then reopen... ( used to work sometimes )

SkiSouth
2004-09-23, 11:22 AM
Hello there,
I have tried increasing the transperancy bounces plus the quality settings the white sheild on the rpc does not go.Please help what can be done to rectify this problem.
Regards,
Aliya

Beegee's correct. I have to close down Revit and restart. Also, you can delete and recreate the camera view you are using. Save your file, reopen then render should work. Also on a search you'll find Frame's comment - (this is usually where I get into trouble).

Try this:

Set up a new view, and set up all sun angles and accurender settings for a new scene. Raytrace. Should be OK. IF not, increase reflection and transparency bounces.

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT SUN ANGLES AGAIN for that view/scene.