PDA

View Full Version : PN will Re-Path, but still reads from org. file Name

vand43dp
2008-07-28, 04:12 PM
Typically when I start a new project, I don't have a job # for it. After the proposed job becomes a "Job" I then rename the folder that houses the project with the appropriate job #. This has worked before, and PN will re-path and all is good.

But lately, on these two particular jobs, it will re-path after re-naming it, but when I open up a view or sheet drawing, the x-refd dwgs. are not there, just the text showing where the x-ref used to be, with the original name I gave that folder before it had a job #.

I have tried re-naming the folder again and re-pathing, re-booting my machine, and re-naming views and constructs in PN. It has no problem re-pathing, it just wants to keep reading from the name I originally gave the project.

EXAMPLE

13--_1234 Bluejay Ln.

to

1385_1234 Bluejay Ln.

I have also done a search on here for "path" but couldn't find the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I fear this will be an issue in the future.

David

david_peterson
2008-07-28, 08:00 PM
When moving files from one folder to another be sure you are doing this with it PN.
DO NOT RENAME files. (Folders should be ok, but must be done from a PN window if I remember right) If you just go into Windows explorer and rename a file, how dose PN know what the new file name it. You could try to fix the .xml file that's associated with the .apj file, but that's way over my head.
I hope this makes a little sense.