PDA

View Full Version : Wall In section

winnwgomez
2008-07-29, 04:54 AM
Hi

I would like to have a wall assembly with the finishes going up to only below the ceiling and then just base plaster above that. Is there a way to keep the finishes .. say tiles to just below the ceiling?

Stacked walls give me 2 wall types which does not look right on my schedule. I tried to change the section in the wall assembly dialog, but this gives me a wall of uniform thickness along its height

help!

winn

ejburrell67787
2008-07-29, 09:57 AM
If you preview the section of the wall type in the wall type properties you can unlock layers so you can stretch them up or down independent of the over all wall height. Help files illustrate it pretty well.

Otherwise you can make a wall for below ceiling and another for above ceiling and join geometry so the two run through smoothly in section.

Also you can consider making the tiling a separate wall type of it's own, setting the appropriate height for it and aligning it to the face of the plaster wall.

Depending on the circumstances as to which method will suit best.

sfaust
2008-07-29, 03:19 PM
we almost always use the seperate wall technique. Ran into to many problems with unlocking the layer. If I recall, it doesn't work if the wall top is attached to something, also doesn't stay constant height if the height of the main wall changes, etc.

my $.02

jvedio
2008-07-29, 05:52 PM
I've always had good results with the layer technique myself. Plus the materials will show in a material takeoff schedule.