PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Mullion Tags

d.stairmand
2008-07-29, 12:38 PM
Has anyone had any luck in Tagging CW Mullions Yet?
We need to Call up which Mullion Types are being Used.
I have used a Shared Parameter, in both the Tag (even Tried a Mulicat Tag) & the CW Mullion in the Project, but Revit will still not allow me to Tag(or Select) a Mullion to Tag!

Has anyone successfully done this?

Dwane Stairmand

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-29, 01:27 PM
As a workaround, you can try using a material tag. Material tag will select mullions. You can create a new material tag annotation that looks like the tag you want for the mullions and tag it. The workaround will be having different materials (even if they look the same) to different mullion types and adding the information you want to appear in the tag on the material properties (under the Identity tab > Description) or directly to the tag.

Andre Carvalho

greg.mcdowell
2008-07-29, 07:49 PM
I thought I'd try to come at this from a differnt angle and use nested and shared detail components in the mullion profile. If it worked you should be able to tag the nested detail instead of the mullion for the same/similar effect.

But...

It didn't work. I can nest a non-shared detail component into the profile just fine but as soon as I make the detail coponent shared it no longer shows up in the project file. I think it's because I can't make the mullion profile shared (which makes sense I suppose).

Too bad. I was hoping I'd be able to keynote the sealant and shim I have in my mullion profile but alas it's not meant to be.

d.stairmand
2008-07-30, 01:42 AM
Andre & Greg
Cheers for the Reply's