PDA

View Full Version : Storefront in curved wall - Not hosting

peter.189936
2008-07-29, 03:42 PM
I am a new used of Revit, and to get going with the application, am modeling a building we are doing in AutoCad. The south wall of the building is a very gently curving wall. The radius is 670' . There is retail on the ground floor, so I would like to have a series of 13' x 13' storefront windows in the wall. The curved wall accepts window and doors families, but will not accept curtain walls that I have made into groups. Curtain walls that are groups are hosted by non curved walls. Is there some way I can get the curtain wall groups to be hosted in the curved wall? Using curtain wall for these windows seems like the easiest way to develop this elevation because of the ability to quickly make changes and because I can add doors to the assembly where it is required. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

sbrown
2008-07-29, 04:45 PM
You need to make a curtain system set to the spacing you want, there is a check box for embed automatically, then just pick you curved wall and it will place it in the wall. or you can re draw the arc'd wall.

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-29, 04:52 PM
But I think what he wants is to use the same one (grouped) he is using with the straight walls. And if that's the case, I don't think it will work. He needs to follow Scott's post and create a new storefront from scratch.

Andre Carvalho

peter.189936
2008-07-29, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the help. Looks like that might work.

Peter King