PDA

View Full Version : Printing Schedule

oskyaqui
2008-07-29, 05:50 PM
As a standard our office makes the Project Schedules (Doors, Finishes, Accessories, etc) in Microsoft Excel and print these to 8.5” x 11” sheets…
I have been creating schedules in Revit and I would like to print them to 8.5”x11” sheets as we usually do, under Sheets I created Room Finish Schedule Sheet and I inserted a Titleblock (8.5”x11”) I had for this purpose, I had to break my schedule in 5 pages because it does not fin in just one page, I had to make copies of the Title block for these 5 pages…
Everything looks great…, but I have to print and I have three options under print range:

1- Current window:
2- Visible portion of current window
3- Selected views/sheets

The first one will try to print the five pages in one,
I could use the second one but I have to print page by page, every page I print I have to make it visible on my screen, print and move to the next one…, this one works but it takes time for printing and for a big project where I get 50 pages or more? and I have to print them one by one…

Is there any way of printing all these pages continuously?

Thanks a lot

Oscar

josh.made4worship
2008-07-29, 05:57 PM
Use the Selected views/sheets one. This will then allow you click on the button below that says "Select." Then you can select the 8 1/2 x 11 sheets you created that contains your schedule. The only problem you might encounter that I have experimented with is spanning a single schedule over multiple sheets. I would do a search in these forums for spanning schedules over multiple sheets. There may not be any easy, "built-in" workflow to do this...but there is probably a workaround...

Just curious though...do you actually issue separate sheet size for your schedules than the rest of your drawings. This might be a good time to rethink that since Revit handles things so differently than CAD and I am sure you are having to revamp some or your workflows anyway. I don't know any firms that do this...What are the benefits for doing this way?

oskyaqui
2008-07-29, 06:50 PM
Josh thank you for you suggestion but it "Selected view/sheets" doesn’t work because in one sheet I have 5 pages, do you understand?,

As mentioned before we issue schedules in 8.5”x11”, these are separate documents from the drawings, they are handy, anybody can print them, when we have revisions we just issue the page that has been revised…, I don’t know how other companies work, I am in Canada, I’ve worked with a couple of companies, since I moved here 8 years ago, and they both produce Door and Room Schedules separately from the drawings and it works great…

Now coming back to Revit, I tried duplicating the schedule; I made 5 copies (one for each page) and filtering it in a way that each page shows the number of rows that fit in one page. This works but the only thing I don't like is that I have to assign a different name to each Sheet, for example “Room Schedule 01”, “Room Schedule 02”, etc…, and it shows on the header of each page…, any suggestions?,

Thanks