PDA

View Full Version : Confused Model Graphics Style

YCHEN
2008-07-29, 06:53 PM
A very bizarre problem, and maybe it's a bug specific to our model, but maybe someone out there has also encountered this before... and found an explanation or fix?!

I've just applied a pattern to the surface of a Floor family. I couldn't see the floor pattern in the Hidden Line Model Graphics Style; however, when I turn the view to Wireframe, the floor pattern appears.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

luigi
2008-07-29, 07:57 PM
I could be wrong...but it sounds like you "painted" the face of the floor?

It happens sometimes, that the face it chooses to paint is not the top side of the face, but the bottom side of the face...

To avoid this issue, I would apply the "paint" material to a 3d iso, where the face is visible and on top....(looking down on the material, rather than being on the bottom looking up)

This issue might happen even when you are in "plan"...but usually happens when you are selecting the proper face when you are looking at the element from the opposite side.

HTH,
Luigi

A very bizarre problem, and maybe it's a bug specific to our model, but maybe someone out there has also encountered this before... and found an explanation or fix?!

I've just applied a pattern to the surface of a Floor family. I couldn't see the floor pattern in the Hidden Line Model Graphics Style; however, when I turn the view to Wireframe, the floor pattern appears.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...