PDA

View Full Version : Linking revit file in a different project

aliya14
2004-09-21, 06:54 AM
Good Day ,
I had a simple query regarding linking of revit projects if i have created a door detail & i want to use the same detail for some other project is it possible to link that door detail in another project of mine.
Or else if not linking then what is another option for doing it i.e having my detail done in revit in some other project. do i have to make the detail as a family?
Regards,
Aliya

beegee
2004-09-21, 07:01 AM
Hi Aliya.

Linking is not for Xreffing details, but for using building models in a site context where they are repeated, mirrored, reoriented etc. ( campus )

To reuse details, there are a couple of methods:-

1. Make the details a group, give that group a recognizable name and then save out the group to a known file location. ( Standard Details for instance. ) Then the group can be loaded into future projects , into a drafting view, for reuse.

2. Make a dwg of the detail, save that into another file and then import it into future projects via a drafting view. Once the dwg is imported, it could be exploded if you need to adjust anything.

Mr Spot
2004-09-21, 07:13 AM
You could also create the door detail as a revit family detail component using the above dwg import method suggested by beegee...

aliya14
2004-09-21, 08:17 AM
Thanx Beegee & Chris your tip realy worked .
Aliya