PDA

View Full Version : Adding Kerb ....

moshira_hassan
2008-07-30, 12:17 PM
Hello people .. I'm a very new user for Revit Architecture ..... I want to add kerbs all along the pavements around my building .. I found a kerb-gutter family under the details components but it doesn't show in plan views .... it has only a " section view" .... i don't know what to do ....

brenehan
2008-07-30, 12:35 PM
Hi moshira_hassan

Can you see them in a 3d view?

One thing I would check is to go into the family itself (ie edit it).
Select the kerb in the family and click on the "Visability" button. Make sure plans/RCP's are ticked.

It could be other things, but one step at a time.

B :-)

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-30, 01:21 PM
Hello people .. I'm a very new user for Revit Architecture ..... I want to add kerbs all along the pavements around my building .. I found a kerb-gutter family under the details components but it doesn't show in plan views .... it has only a " section view" .... i don't know what to do ....

If the kerbs you want to create are 3D kerbs, and you want add it to toposurfaces, the task isn't easy. What people have been doing to create it properly is to use 3DS Max. You have to create subregions as if they were the kerbs, export to 3DS Max, extrude it there and bring back to Revit as an in place family...

Andre Carvalho

patricks
2008-07-30, 01:25 PM
The curb family is probably a profile family, which can then be used as a slab edge and applied to floors used as sidewalks, grass, paving, etc. Works great for fairly flat sites... not so great when there is alot of topo change, although I still use it for the plan representation.

moshira_hassan
2008-07-30, 09:16 PM
Hi moshira_hassan

Can you see them in a 3d view?

One thing I would check is to go into the family itself (ie edit it).
Select the kerb in the family and click on the "Visability" button. Make sure plans/RCP's are ticked.

It could be other things, but one step at a time.

B :-)

No it has no 3D view in the family properites preview window .. only section view

moshira_hassan
2008-07-30, 09:20 PM
The curb family is probably a profile family, which can then be used as a slab edge and applied to floors used as sidewalks, grass, paving, etc. Works great for fairly flat sites... not so great when there is alot of topo change, although I still use it for the plan representation.

well .. I can't understand the term profile family .... i'm very new to Revit ....i'll be thankful if u could tell me how to apply it to sidewalks ... i have no topo changes in my project ... just a simple sidewalk around the building ..

Andre Carvalho
2008-07-31, 01:49 AM
well .. I can't understand the term profile family .... i'm very new to Revit ....i'll be thankful if u could tell me how to apply it to sidewalks ... i have no topo changes in my project ... just a simple sidewalk around the building ..

OK. Let's say you created the sidewalks by using floor. You can the apply slab edges to the floor edge and create your curbs. First you have to create profile that will be used to serve as a "sweep" along the edges of the floor. Go to File > New > Family > Profile. One the blank family is opened, draw the profile of the curb using lines (it has to be a closed loop). The two green dashed lines you see are the vertical and horizontal reference planes. The intersection of these planes is the origin (the point that will serve as the origin point to your curb). Once the profile is drawn, save it and use the option "Load into Projects" to, as the name says, load it into your current project. The first step is done.

Now the second step: Change your view to a 3D view that shows the place where you want to add the curb. Go to Modelling tab > Host Sweep > Floor Slab Edge > You will see on top that there's a slab edge family already showing, but you have to create your own, using your profile. To do that, go to the properties of the slab edge being shown > Edit/New... > Duplicate > Give it a new name > change the profile being shown and pick the one you just created (it should be on the list, if you have loaded into the project) > you can also apply a material to your curb at this point > Confirm with OK.

Now just pick the edges of the floor (working as sidewalk) and you will see your curb being placed there. While you don't leave the command, the slab edge will be considered as one. You can also pick "Start Next" if you want to start another "chain". If needed, you can select the curbs after placed and go to properties to change vertical and horizontal offsets.

I hope it helps. Good luck!

Andre Carvalho

moshira_hassan
2008-07-31, 10:46 AM
WOOW .. I've my kerb done .. very beautiful and simple .. thanks to you .... Andre :))

mthurnauer
2008-07-31, 10:46 AM
You said that you found the Kerb in the detail components library - Nothing on the detail component library is 3d. It is all intended as drafting content to supplement a model view.

moshira_hassan
2008-07-31, 12:14 PM
You said that you found the Kerb in the detail components library - Nothing on the detail component library is 3d. It is all intended as drafting content to supplement a model view.

It's in :

Metric Library\ Detail Cmponents\ Div 02-sitewok\ 02700-Bases, Ballasts and Pavements\ 02770-Curbs and Gutters\ ....

but I dono how to use it ...